Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

Training and Recovery

Anyone got any good recovery tips?  We have been trying to get a good 8 hours of sleep in every night this week and been drinking loads of liquids, but it has taken almost the whole week to get over the exhaustion factor.



We had planned to go for at least one short run this before the marathon on Saturday, but being so tired and temperatures of 37 degrees (Celsius), we landed up just doing a brisk walk up the mountain on Tuesday evening after work.  It is light until about 8:30 and the gates are open until 7pm.  It is really beautiful up there, with loads of different trails.  We just did the short one from the gate to the Paarl rock and back along the dirt road.  There is a decent hill along the way and we definitely loosened up the legs, but nothing to strenuous.

 
Otherwise just drinking lots of water this week, I bought myself some GUs yesterday and a new tub of vaseline ;).  Getting a few pasta dishes in, but other than that, I'm trying not to over think it too much and rather use this race as a learning curve to figure out what will work better next time.  I'm wondering if its worth trying that whole Tim Noakes, low carb high protein idea?
 
I shouldn't have told anyone at work that I was running, now there's an expectation and I think my sub conscience is quietly stesssing.  Two more sleeps!  Trying not to think about it.

Anyone else training / trying to train out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment